L.J. Institute of Pharmacy (LJIP) started its academic in the year 2004 under the aegis of Lok Jagruti Kendra (LJK) to run full Degree Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy Programmes. LJIP is established with the aim to develop comprehensive professional training to bridge the existing gap between formal system and the realistic modern technological skill requirements for the Industry.
L.J. Institute of Pharmacy is one of the leading self-financed pharmacy colleges approved by AICTE and PCI and affiliated to Gujarat Technological University (GTU) in Ahmedabad. The institute is located in a picturesque lush green area of around 14 acres in the heart of Ahmedabad. In 12 years of existence, the institute has made significant progress and is considered to be one of the best institutes in Ahmedabad. The real strength of the institute is a proactive management, dynamic, committed, qualified, and disciplined staff. The institute offers 4 years B.Pharm.course and also M.Pharm. Courses in Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Assurance & Pharm. Regulatory Affairs (QARA) and Pharmaceutical Management and Regulatory Affairs. (PMRA) The institute provides excellent ambience for carrying out research work. The research oriented staff comprises of 9 Ph. D.s and presently 4 scholars are pursuing Ph.D. The institute has entered into MOUs with various industries. The Institute is also approved by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) as SIRO. The institute has well equipped laboratories with all modern sophisticated instruments. The institute encourages Co-Curricular activities and ensures the campus to remain vibrant and buzzing with various activities.
L.J. Institute of Pharmacy is affiliated to Gujarat Technical University since 2008. The institute follows the curriculum and the schedules of the University for academic and operational purposes. Since its inception, LJIP has been granted University Affiliation for its all programmes. The institutes’ programmes have been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi, and Pharmacy Council of India(PCI), New Delhi.
In accordance with the policy of the Government of Gujarat and like other Pharmacy institutes affiliated to different universities in the State, LJIP admits students through centralized admission process conducted by Joint Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) of the State.
The Institute normally surrenders 75% of seats to the ACPC which finalizes the admission, collects the fees and sends the data to the Institute. Admissions to remaining 25% seats of Management Quota are made out of the requests received from other students who may have qualified as per ACPC norms in response to the Institutes advertisement. However, the admissions to these 25% seats are finalized only after they are confirmed by ACPC.
Aims & Objectives
· LJIP is committed to provide education and training to produce qualified pharmacists capable of responding to changing competitive environment and lead the pharmaceutical industry towards a better tomorrow through long-term vision
· To meet the educational needs of undergraduate, graduate and professional students and providing faculty with the means to develop their intellectual capacity through teaching, research and interactions with the society
· To focus its efforts on assuring that the student must experience and foster the transmission of knowledge and to inspire intellectual curiosity amongst each other
· Courses offered at LJIP impart operational skills for end users and industrial applications.
· LJ not only designs pragmatic curriculum but also regularly updates it to make it more effective in light of the latest technological developments.
· LJ institute of Pharmacy is greatly emphasis on helping students to become real professionals, not just components in different industries.
· Seek to nurture students of extraordinary motivation and ability and prepare them for life-long learning and leadership in an increasingly knowledge driven world.
· LJIP prepares the youth to become future leaders for a prosperous and educated India, through development of their physical, mental, moral and professional strengths.
· LJIP committed to knowledge & wisdom and has been shooting ahead without any compromise on quality teaching standards and knowledge dissemination process.
· It has developed a distinctive academic culture, uncommon in other private institutes of higher learning.
· To establish close linkages with industries to make teaching, training and research at the University relevant to the needs of the society at national and global levels
· Rather than preparing for future, LJIP gives Future.
· Pedagogy is the holistic science of education. It may be implemented in practice as a personal and holistic approach of socializing and upbringing children and young people.
· The institute has adopted various pedagogy tools including up to date lectures, class discussions, notes from faculties, practical training, Carrier Counseling, Assignments, Regular Attendance Parents Meeting, Mentorship etc. to enhance the effectiveness of teaching-learning process. There are more focus on various approaches such as Continuous evaluation (which also the evolving policy of the GTU), giving emphasis on practical training, continuous interaction with the industries, continuous enhancement of the soft skills etc.